Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
37degF. Sunny. Feildsheer jacket very warm, no wind getting through but a bit around the neck. A balaclava should solve that problem. Heated grip wraps hot, used my summer gloves and hands didn't get very cold. I just pulled my leathers over my jeans, warm as well. Rain the day before washed off most of the anti skid but caution when entering corners. S3 fired right up in the cold barn. As soon as I hit the first set of S turns below my house you could probably see my grin through my helmet. Went to the video store to get some movies. It was a short trip but man I needed that. Ive been reading "ghost rider" by Neil Peart, great stories of his trip across north/south America, makes me just want to take off for a month or so.
Ride safe,
dc

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I hear you. Went for a ride yesterday. 29F but glorious! Makes my outlook on life improve dramatically. Wife even likes me for the moment. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Right, you guys have me convinced that I need to ride despite the cold. Especially if it will make my wife like me more. If mileage is directly proportional to "wife likeing" then I'll be out all day :)

Life is so much duller when you don't ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, the drummer from Rush. He lost his wife and daughter and hit the road with his bike to keep himself alive. Its a great read.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Yeah beautiful day here...7 deg F, remnants of yesterdays snow setting on top of the 50 or so inches we already have...
Why do I live here again?
I think that's normal for life in the "Snow Belt":( We are getting temps in the 30's which the rain that melted our past 2 weeks of snow is making patches of slick on the road. Last year we had the same temps but clear roads and sky, so we did a 200 mile lunch ride. At least 2008 had a great beginning here.
The view from our Bay Cam and 34*s.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The balaclava is clutch. That paired with some long johns has me out every weekend it isn't raining.

Tires are still a bit slick though from the cold and salt. My speedy's growing chicken strips like something awful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts