Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do these bikes have in common?

They're all mine. I bought the Honda a week ago. Couldn't resist myself, it was to clean and to good deal a deal to pass up. I've got a few small things to do to it. But it's road ready right now.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What do these bikes have in common?

They're all mine. I bought the Honda a week ago. Couldn't resist myself, it was to clean and to good deal a deal to pass up. I've got a few small things to do to it. But it's road ready right now.
Oh well...
I was going to answer your question, however you gave the answer!
No problem getting the Honda home?
Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey jptbird99nm, I would be curious to hear your comparison between the Honda and the T'Bird . I seem to recall that they had very similar power/weight ratios. although I dont remember if the wheelbase is similar.
Of course the frames are much different . But if your in the mood to compare the 2 bikes I would like to hear it.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi James, Well here's how it feels to me. There's almost five inches difference in wheelbase length.The T-Bird being longer, lower seat height and a lot less top heavy feeling. Brakes, two discs vs one disc and a drum. Performance, T-Bird feels much faster and quicker. More displacement and three cylinders vs four. You feel like you are setting on the Honda as opposed to setting in the T-Bird. But this an unfair comparison for the Honda as it is twenty-six years older. After all it was state of the art in 1973. It is an old classic and the T-Bird is a newer classic. I am enjoying it tremendously, it turns almost as many heads and starts conversations much like the T-Bird. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Congratulations!

Make sure to check out sohc4.net . The forums are populated by fine people, and the discussions will surely add to the enjoyment of your 750Four.

And, to echo HiDesert, where's the pics?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations!

Make sure to check out sohc4.net . The forums are populated by fine people, and the discussions will surely add to the enjoyment of your 750Four.

And, to echo HiDesert, where's the pics?
Thanks Medic09, I've been lurking on sohc4.net but haven't joined yet. I have seen some of your posts there. They seem like a friendly bunch. I see you have a Trident, I had a 73 T150V for almost 12 years, went through a divorce and sold it because I thought I needed the money,ended up I didn't too. I've been kicking myself the rear ever since. Pics for all my bikes will come later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts