Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I took all three approaches. I put in a ZX1100D shock, which raised the bike approximately 1/2". I mounted a Corbin Gunfighter, which raised the seat height some (maybe 3/4"?). And put on some custom Tarozzi rearsets, which moved the foot position back about where the TBS set is, but dropped the foot position about 1".

Makes for a pretty comfortable ride for me, 70", 32" inseam.
Hi

Do you have any pics of your rearsets?
Did you get them made specially as they don't list triumph bikes.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hi

Do you have any pics of your rearsets?
Did you get them made specially as they don't list triumph bikes.
If you buy the universal set you can make them fit. Just have some brackets made to fit the bike and Fast From The Past has what you need for linkage. The only thing they do not have would be shift arms. I used one from a TBS and drilled the linkage out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There's a bolt not installed on your back reservoir.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yep, I did exactly what BRG did, except I used a honda shift lever and made my own linkage from 1/4" rod that I threaded on the ends. The link ends come with the set. BTW, I got mine off ebay for $150. Odd, thought, as my rear master pivoted to the second position perfectly.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The guy l bought my TBS from had a TBS that he lowered. He swapped the TBS sub frames with an ordinary LEGEND. It was a big job , stripping the bike right down but everything fitted without cutting . The reverse is just as do-able and does not affect the ride or geometry. As there are as many guys wanting to lower their bikes as raise them and legendS rarer, it should be easy to find a swop. Or maybe not but it would mean no costs as the shocks ect would bolt straight on. Just a thought.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Odd, thought, as my rear master pivoted to the second position perfectly.
BRG-BIRD has a 96 Tbird, like mine, and it did not come with the second mount hole. 98 was the first year they came with it.

I built a bracket for my reservoir.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts