Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys really need your help! MY 99 Legend has been blowing the tail light fuse and ive checked all wireing. TONIGHT AFTER IT BLEW AGAIN I PUT ANOTHER FUSE IN AND I TAPPED ON THE FRONT OF THE HEADLIGHT AND POP IT BLEW!does anyone have any idea here I checked wires in housing and all looks good. Can it be the headlamp itself? High and lo beam both work and passing light button also works. Thanks Dave.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Wiring Diag:
http://www.triumphrat.net/hinckley-...anded-in-pa-tbird-wont-start.html#post1700476

That fuse, no. 2, 10A, covers the 'side' light in the headlamp (the wiring will likely be there even if the small lamp fitting isn't) & both brake light circuits.

You have a short somewhere in that lot & that headlight tapping is a good clue, tho' wiring to it, going past the headstock is also a possible cause. You should use a meter/continuity tester (disconnecting battery) to test things tho' where possible & avoid blowing fuses.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I had a similar problem. It turned out moisture was getting into the license plate light and causing a short. I resealed it with silicone sealant and the problem was fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts