Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted here a while back that I was going to go the cafe racer rout with my '99 Legend. We'll, my girl just turned 20 and I bought her new. Time for a facelift. Here she is after a spring wash down. Basically stock with some extra chrome accessories I bolted on right after I got her.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To do list:

New sprockets and chain w/ 18 tooth front
Racetech performance front springs
KZ7 rear schock
Lower bars
new grips
bar end mirrors
LED headlight
LED bullet turn signals
LED El Dorado tail light
LET instrument bulbs
bobbed rear fender
19" front and 17" rear powder coated wheels
TBS air box covers
113 db horn
custom cafe seat

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see the 19" wheel lifted the front a bit and You had to compensate by lowering by the forks some ~2cm?
Did the rear shock lifted the back?
I had actually raised the forks from stock. They are now about 2cm lower, maybe a little lower than stock. I didn't measure, but the rear is probably an inch higher. The new seat is about an inch lower. Overall, I sit the same as I did before changing anything. Everything felt about the same until I mounted the 19" front wheel. Then I just dropped the forks until it felt right.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What LED headlight did you use? The ones I've seen won't fit in the headlight bucket with all that wiring in there; that and how does the unit's heat sink function?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It’s a Grote 90941-5 7” sealed unit. Plug and play. Smaller than the stock light and housing. I also have a Bonnie headlight bucket installed, so that gives it even more room.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts