Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRAND NEW TO THE FORUM .....I have had my bike at three different places and can't seem to get it running optimal...changed plugs air and oil fillters, cleaned carbs and jets 3 or 4 times...coils and plug wires were checked and replaced...please any imput would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Be a good idea to post this in the T3 forum too. Off the top of my head, if the coils, wires and plugs have been replaced it might be worth checking for a damaged power wire or a bad ground. Mikuni carbs do have some parts that wear out, have the carbs been rebuilt or just cleaned? Just as a matter of interest, what number is your bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be a good idea to post this in the T3 forum too. Off the top of my head, if the coils, wires and plugs have been replaced it might be worth checking for a damaged power wire or a bad ground. Mikuni carbs do have some parts that wear out, have the carbs been rebuilt or just cleaned? Just as a matter of interest, what number is your bike?
thanks for answering CB...yeah thats kind of where were at (chasing wires) just didn't know if I was missing something...carbs have been cleaned, new jets the whole 9 yards...I have #8..thanks again

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
If the valve clearances are far enough out, that could do it too I would think. Have they been checked anytime lately?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts