Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone measure the center to center distance of the mounting bolts on the front caliper? (Fork/caliper mount)

83mm center to center?

Thanks in advance for the help :bow

JZ

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't have a metric ruler, but on my 2000 Sprint RS, It's about 3 and 18/32 inches, which converts over to about 90 mm. At least on the right fork - I didn't measure the left.

·
Registered
107 Posts
From my experience the Daytona has a different centre to the Sprints.
Most models from 1990 up have the 90mm centres but the Daytona from the 1997 T595 up is the odd man out as it has a different front end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JZ, I measured my '98 and '04. Both are the same at 83 mm.

Brad
AWESOME! :notworthy:notworthy

THat's what I was looking for.
I must confess that I needed this info as I am building a track only FZR400 using the OEM forks and the OEM calipers are ....well......not too fun when trail braking deep into a turn.:smackglass:

The "triumph" calipers are awesome quality, readily available and affordable too..

THanks everyone for the effort and thanks again brad for the good beta

I will wear my Triumph badged calipers proudly:AmericanFlag:UKflag

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JZ, The Triumph branded front brakes are the same basic Nissin unit found on the RC51.

Brad
I was aware that Nissin produced the calipers for this triumph application but was unaware that the rc51 incorporated an 83mm spacing.

My TZ uses the same 83mm spacing but when searching for "TZ" calipers on various sites, the best pricing I could find was $500 for a set.:eek:
(Nissin)
Too rich

Searching google and 83mm spacing a reference came up to the 955 triumph app.

Found a set of calipers for $42 on ebay

I'm making the assumption that I'll need to run 320mm rotors but have them here in iron... As well as 298's and 280's

I too had a RC51 in the stable at one time.
Was a really cool bike

Again... Thanks for the help:bighand

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
JZ, The attachment spacing is different on the RC, but the caliper body itself is similar. My son was transferred to San Fransico and the RC is going with him (as we speak). Excellant motorcycle, just can't pass up a gas station, but it's a keeper.

Brad

·
Registered
2 Posts
AWESOME! :notworthy:notworthy

THat's what I was looking for.
I must confess that I needed this info as I am building a track only FZR400 using the OEM forks and the OEM calipers are ....well......not too fun when trail braking deep into a turn.:smackglass:

The "triumph" calipers are awesome quality, readily available and affordable too..

THanks everyone for the effort and thanks again brad for the good beta

I will wear my Triumph badged calipers proudly:AmericanFlag:UKflag
Hey! Did the Triumph calipers work? Am looking into it for my XJR400!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts