Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

'98 T595 flasher unit

7K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  m2bueller 
#1 ·
Where is the flasher unit located on my T595? I think it is one of the black square units under the cross bar above the battery, but which one? I need to replace mine.

#2 ·
According to my Haynes manual, the turn signal relay is located in the bank of three relays under your seat cowl, not in the six relay bank near the battery. Should be the one on the right as you're looking toward the rear of the bike. The relay on the left is for the main beam and the middle one is the dip beam relay. Brits and their funny terminology! :-D

#5 ·
I know this is an old post but I thought I would resurrect it for my purposes. Does anyone know of a cross reference for these flasher relays?
Ru8nning the numbers tbb56 and 4db003750-13 do very little good on web searches.
Even Hella's site doesn't recognize them.

#6 ·
You can get an electronic relay from SuperBrightLeds

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR#FL-889 - select model CF13GL-02

OEM Hella # is 4DB-003-750-361

If you need something right away, try a BMW dealer

*The other thing you can do is to modify your wiring slightly to take a Japanese Bike relay

Check this resource:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/flashers.htm

You will see that the CF13JL-02 (Japanese) configuration is almost the same as the German/European CF13GL-02:
The difference being the Battery & Load connections are reversed.
So to make the Japanese one fit, just pop the spade terminals out of the relay socket and swap those two locations.

Note that this will apply to any relay for a Japanese bike - not particularly only the one from SuperBrightLeds

#7 ·
Do you know if the flasher relays from a 97 and an '02 are the same? For some reason my flasher just buzzes when I use the turn signal switch. I tried a replacement from AZ with the same results. I'm wondering if they changed the wiring in those years.

#9 · (Edited)
Sorry, AZ= Autozone

A couple of questions for you - has it ever worked while you have had the bike?
Did you do anything else - install any new turn signals or ?????
No, the signals haven't worked since I got the bike. All the bulbs are confirmed good by connecting them to a power source.
This is just one of a list of things I've been trying to straighten out on this bike.
The list includes:
Turn signals don't work.
constant low fuel light (Sensor confirmed good)
constant oil pressure light (Haven't been able to confirm the pressure sensor is good, still trying to find a testing proceedure).
Constant MIL light (because no speedo drive unit, should have one next week)

I'm beginning to think I might have a bad ECU/ECM. I would love to get my hands on another for testing but haven't gone down that road yet because the current one supposedly has been remapped for my K&n and Jardine pipe.

#10 ·
Can you put your year/model in your profile please (under favourite bike - then it will appear on the left under your screenname)

What model flasher did you get from Autozone?
I would be surprised if they had the correct one (although happy to be proven wrong)
Can you compare the pin identification with that shown on the link to the superbrightleds site?

Get a 47ohm resistor from RadioShack and plug it in the connector for the fuel sensor (harness side, not sensor) - see if light goes out. Note - it takes about 10 secs (or more) to change.

edit - I see we've been down this road already.

Unplug oil pressure switch & see if light goes out.

Your MIL could be associated with your fuel level sensor or your speedo drive.

Did you ever pull the codes to see what you were getting?

#14 ·
At this point I haven't confirmed any of the relays.The headlights, horn, taillight brake lights, fuel pump etc. all work correctly. So I have to go with the assumption that they are correct for this year motor.

From looking at the wiring diagram, it doesn't appear that the fuel and oil pressure sensors go through any relays.

#12 ·
The flasher is an FL35. I confirmed the pin out is correct.

I did the resistor trick on the fuel sensor lead and confirmed it was not the sensor. I also confirmed the resistance readings all the way back to the ECU connectors.

Where is the oil pressure sensor. The manual is less than helpful in testing and location of it.

I'm betting the MIL Is the speedo drive. I finally have one on the way. They are tough to find.

I have not been able to get the codes pulled. My Local Advanced auto parts is a little reticent to pull codes on a bike.

#16 ·
#18 ·
Well I got the flasher issue out of the way. I got to thinking about the pin outs. When I tested ground from the pin to the battery it was fine. When I checked it from the relay in the socket to the battery it was wide open. Apparently the connector got flaky when the relay was inserted. I popped it out. crimped it better and voila, turn signals.
Now I just have to get the rest of the sensors working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.