Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my balance while doing a 180 degree slow turn and dropped it (could blame it on new fatherhood sleepless nights, too many coffees, low blood sugar etc etc) - pannier took most of the weight (replacement on its way) but front indicator now trashed.
Local dealer says triumph no longer stock original indicators but supply a smaller rounded item (in pairs ) instead.
Would appreciate some help in tracking down an original right hand front - and i know about the Buell swap - but would prefer an original if i could.
Bike Bandit in the USA say they stock 'em but they only have one rate for international shipping and its a small fortune, and they're not interested in providing a cheaper form of post.
Can't seem to find a supplier of older triumph parts in the Uk either.
Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
I fell over on both sides (at separate times). smashed each one in turn.

I was fortunate, CA glue, the instant hot stuff, worked to put them together with no problems.

and I did that after I ordered one from bike bandit. I didn't pay attention when it arrived, as I had fixed it. what I got was a rear. I'm fairly sure that I ordered a front, but I now have a rear with lens sitting here. in red, same as the bike, but the two on the bike are black. whatever.

good luck with yours.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
front indicator now trashed.

Local dealer says triumph no longer stock original indicators but supply a smaller rounded item (in pairs ) instead.

Would appreciate some help in tracking down an original right hand front - and i know about the Buell swap - but would prefer an original if i could.

Bike Bandit in the USA say they stock 'em but they only have one rate for international shipping and its a small fortune, and they're not interested in providing a cheaper form of post.
Cheers
Sourcing old signals...

These are parts originally made by CEV and aren't available anymore from Triumph. Some older Buells used a very similar signal to your Triumph one and can swap out lenses and stuff but the stalks are slightly different length and the wires/plugs are different. You can often assemble the workable bits from your signal with a few parts to make a replacement. But there is a better solution below.

What you get from Triumph is a round little signal that is plug compatible. I personally do not like the new style signals (and the new style Buell signals some folks use with good results) - I think the new ones look ***tty, but that is just my personal opinion.

Trev at Sprint Manufacturing (UK) www.triumphparts.gbr.cc has sourced some originals for me inexpensively and quickly even to the US. Send him an email, he is very responsive. I last needed just a stalk, since the rest of my bits were perfect, and it was quick, cheap, and worked out perfectly. He absolutely knows his T3 stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Broke front right indicator too

I dropped my Sprint Exec. while turning into a parking stall in a gravel parking lot. Felt like a stupid idiot and very upset because I just bought it a week before.
Ordered the replacement part here (in Calgary, Alberta) but they didn't tell me anything about Triumph not stocking original indicators. I'm assuming I'm getting what I broke, and I'll be p.o.'d if I get something else.

Lost my balance while doing a 180 degree slow turn and dropped it (could blame it on new fatherhood sleepless nights, too many coffees, low blood sugar etc etc) - pannier took most of the weight (replacement on its way) but front indicator now trashed.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Ordered the replacement part here (in Calgary, Alberta) but they didn't tell me anything about Triumph not stocking original indicators. I'm assuming I'm getting what I broke, and I'll be p.o.'d if I get something else.
Prepare to be p.o.'d, and I'd start looking for other sources if you want the indicators in the pic.

A couple of years ago I ordered replacements from Baxter's, and they did not bother to tell me, but took them back (minus $12+return shipping) :mad:.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Picture of current Triumph Round Indicators

Does anybody have a pic. of the current Round Indicators that Triumph ships? I just wanted to see how ugly they are before I discuss it with the Triumph dealer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have gone through this same senerio. The indicators Triumph ships are rounder. They don't look that bad, problem is that now you need two.
I was fortunate to find an old one on ebay a few weeks ago. Although it was for a rear indicator, (shorter stem) I was able to swap it with the front and it worked great!
Mike

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Does anybody have a pic. of the current Round Indicators that Triumph ships? I just wanted to see how ugly they are before I discuss it with the Triumph dealer.

I think DC has the same/new style on his D12:

http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbums/showphoto.php/photo/9006/sort/3/ppuser/171

Here's the buell signal pics:

http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/97835-buell-turn-signal-information.html

I'll keep the CEVs as long as I can find the bits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Indicators Round vs. Rectangular

I don't want to beat this topic to death, but I just phoned the Calgary Triumph dealer, and he assures me I will be getting the original stock rectangular indicator. I don't know if the difference is because his Triumph part supplier is from down in the States and not Britain. Anyway, he says the part should be in on Friday, so I'm looking forward to actually seeing it for myself.
Thanks for all your postings.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hope that is the case that you will be getting the rectangular ones.
I have gottn the other type twice from a Triumph dealer here in Minneapolis and then again from Bike Bandit. Funny thing is, when I orderd just the lens from Bike Bandit this year it was the old style, four months later the entire assembly, rounded.
Best of luck, let us know what shows up.
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Round Indicators

All you guys were right about the round indicators. I just picked mine up today and true enough, they were round - despite the reassurances of the sales guy over the phone that they were going to be rectangular.
Oh well, they'll work good enough for me. I'm not too fussy and am just glad to have new indicators.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got mine sorted. A local "European and British" bike breaker had some after market indicators that looked identical to the originals except that stalks were shorter. Swapped over my original stalks and all sweet again.
Thanks for the posts guys, nice to know i wasn't alone in not liking the Triumph replacements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts