Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought my first Triumph a 1997 Trident900, 20,000 miles. Bike seems to be in good shape, it had been sitting in a garage for most of the last 10 years since the second owner bought it. Had a leaky carb and some rust in the tank. I cleaned them both and seems to be running pretty well.

The idle pulses up and down a littler between 1000-1100 I dont know if that is anything I need to worry about?

Any recommendations for a rear luggage rack for these bikes? The Trident doesnt seem to have a lot of luggage options that match it.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Dan, The 1996 - 2003 Trophy had a top box and rack that will fit your frame perfectly. However you will have to do a little plastic cutting between the seat and the tail light. I think I might have that piece already cut. It was on my brother's '95 Trophy. I think the '95 Trophy and Trident share the same under seat fairing. The top box is hard to find on eBay be patient. It will cost somewhere between $200-300 used. The rack is even harder to find, expect to pay $75-100. I'm in the process of moving so the cut plastic part isn't readily available to me. Keep me in mind when you find a rack. Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think I might wait and see if I want to just get the full Hepco and Becker side and top case set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts