Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have posted previously regarding this issue. 1997 T595 idles rough and cuts out if I apply throttle, has intermittent starting issues also. The carbon cannister, purge valve etc has been taken out by previous owner. I have read you can hook up IACV without these, need to know how to hookup correctly. 3 x hoses go to Throttle bodies, not sure on the setup for other ports on IACV? Fuel pump cranks when ignition is turned on like it should, injectors have been cleaned, TB gaskets has no leaks, new plugs. No error codes in tuneecu. Also please see pics attached displaying info while I have had it idling. Not sure if map and settings are correct either. Running map 9860, k&n filter with pipe as per pic atrached. Cheers J

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Iacv shouldn’t be zero as that’s fully closed, suggesting an air leak or bad hose. Flow seems wrong as,I thought it was 350 (but I may have dreamt that).
Fuel trim seems wrong unless you have just set it to that.
Fan temp seems high as well but that might be a hot country thing.
I would download the 9860 map and do a compare to ensure it has been messed with.

·
Registered
2000 Speed Triple 955i
1,302 Posts
See this post for which nipples to use on the IACV body. You may have them wrong which is causing an air leak and screwing with your idle.

Injector flow is correct for an early T595 Daytona AFAIK.

I'd try adjusting the fuel trim a little at a time, but be careful as you can make it run very lean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts