Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what other years/models have the same seat as my '96 Trident 900?

I have two stock seats (one for sale) which result in "downhill toe-jamb" after about an hour. Looking for a Corbin to replace. Any leads appreciated.

Pete

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Pete.......not sure what other seats fit, but I guess your 900 seat would fit my Trident 750 :).
Where do you live? I am in the UK, and might consider your seat if it is in good nick as I have a small split in mine.
Let me know.
Roger

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
The usual suspects should fit: Daytona, Speed Triple, Sprint, Trident, Trophy. There are minor differences, but AFAIK all should fit.

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uh, any particular year when these seats no longer apply?

Kit:

Thanks for your usual prompt, informative response.

Is there a cut-off year after which a particular model no longer works?
Daytona or Sprint, in particular.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Looking at Corbin's site, they appear to offer 2 different seats depending on whether the bike has the boxier, single grab rail rear or the newer, curvier, double grab rail rear. Looking at the BB schematic, though, the same part number is used for the seat for both types of bodywork.

Corbin wouldn't likely redesign their seat if their original fit the newer style bodywork, so it may be important for you to get the earlier style Corbin.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Corbin seat from a 96 Sprint dropped right into place on my 98 Trident.

The avatar pic is a little too small for detail, so:

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
The Sprint went to the curvy bodywork in '95; Trident stayed with the square until '98.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got lucky

Kit's mention of seeing model numbers at the Corbin site prompted me to look there. Under "Overstock" they showed one Gunfighter saddle to fit my bike, with a handsome reduction in price. I put in my order.
Thanks, guys, for the help.

Pete

·
Registered
175 Posts
To revive an old thread, I was wondering if any of you know if a Corbin Gunfighter seat will fit on my 1993 Trident. Their website says that they don't offer it for the Trident but I'm not sure what exactly is different. Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had a Corbin Dualsport seat on my '93 Trident for many years. I'm sure you will be fine with a Gunfighter. As Kit says earlier in the thread, the seats on the Daytona, Speed Triple, Sprint, Trident, Trophy are all much of a muchness. That's why the Corbin site is actually showing their seats on Daytona 1200s when you click on Trident.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Of course there is a more cost-effective alternative. Send your original seat (or a daggy old one off fleabay) to a custom seat builder. That's what I did for my Daytona 1200 to make it more comfortable for two-up touring and and happy with the results. There seem to be any number of custom seat shops in the New York area.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Hi Pete.......not sure what other seats fit, but I guess your 900 seat would fit my Trident 750 :).
Where do you live? I am in the UK, and might consider your seat if it is in good nick as I have a small split in mine.
Let me know.
Roger
Hi Roger.....I have 3 seats up for sale if you are still interested, pm me.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Keep sales to the classifieds or PMs, please.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Some years ago I ordered a seat from Corbin for my 95 Sprint. It took two months to get to here (I live 400 miles south of the factory) and didn't fit out of the box. I returned it and ordered a basket weave cover from Sargent. The cover was delivered in a week I took it and my original (trashed) seat to a local upholsterer and he installed new foam and installed the cover for, if I remember right, sixty five dollars. That seat is now on my 98 Sprint Sport. I used to use Corbin exclusively but now all of my bikes have Sargent. They've proven comfortable, durable and the company itself has given me great customer service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts