Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here, so as you'd expect, I have a stupid question to ask. Yesterday I brought home a '96 Trident 900. The headlight lens has a big crack in it, and I'd like to find a replacement. Looking at the bike bandit site at:

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandi...l_dept_id~2292996~model_dept_name~TRIDENT.asp

I found a couple of headlight assemblies listed. Bikebandit part numbers are:

5575613-001, which I think is the correct one for my US bike, and the other is:
5558746-001. I believe this one is UK, and other left-side driving countries. There is quite a difference in the price of these parts, which surprised me.

Have I got this right? Are there any other options/alternate sources for the headlight glass/ assembly?

My bike has 16,000 miles on it, it is British racing green and creme. It was owned by an elderly gentleman who bought it new in 1995, and seems to have taken good care of it. The dealer I bought it from had no records, which kind of bothered me. It's nice to have records of service done. When I got the bike home yesterday, I opened one of the Triumph hard bags, and lo and behold, there inside was a service manual, the owner's handbook and warranty/service book! Another little book listed all of his fuel stops, how many gallons, and the mileage. I was ecstatic. The bike purrs real nice. Until the snow melts, I'll be getting it ready. The bike hasn't been ridden for a few years, so it needs a little TLC, but its quite nice for its age.

Sorry to ramble on. Thanks,

Blue-Highway

G

·
You are correct. The Triumph part number for the part you want is 2700135-T0301, which is Bike Bandit part number 5575613-001. I had no idea the headlights came in left hand drive & right hand drive versions, that's just weird. (True, though: I confirmed it in my parts fiche.) At least ours is cheaper, right?

eBay is my main alternate source. If you can't find one there, you might be able to find one from Ledsld Racing. I bought some stuff they were selling on eBay a while back, but I did not buy the headlight & I think it may not have sold. Also, if you don't know about Baxter Cycles, you should! 712-781-2351. Kevin handles the Hinckley parts, & they sell good used at 50% of new. Good people, but 50% of new is still pretty pricey for me...

Congrats on the "new" ride! I think you'll find her a little heavier than your mini-Zed Sled, but the extra power might make up for the extra weight. :wink:

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Kit.

I called Baxter Cycles, and they are going to look around and see
if they can find me one. They seemed very friendly.

You're right about the weight. I think the little KZ got nervous when I rolled the Trident into the garage. It will take me a bit to get used to the weight again. Its been 14 years since I took my '74 Commando for the last ride to its new owner. Nice to have a British bike in the garage again.

This bike fits me very well. Seat height, footpegs, bars...all just right. When all the ice, slush and snow are gone, I'll get to see how she rides. Should have everything checked out and ready to go by then.

Best,

Blue-Highway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts