Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

96 Daytona 1200 convert to speed triple

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DEcosse 
G
#1 ·
I would like to convert the front of my Daytona 1200 to the look and feel of Speed Triple.

Just for fun... :-D

If somebody has suggestions of parts for the headlight unit, front turn signals and mirrors please, send them. Maybe some re-use parts will be a good idea.

I think to buy the headlight brackets for triumph 1992 or older and, with some modification, add 2 headlights like Speed Triple and something homemade for instrument cluster mounting.

Moreover, I will buy 2 mirrors to replace original ones.
If I could find some beautiful ones.

Maybe some headlights for Suzuki will fit... :???:

Thanks

#3 ·
I want some pics too. That sounds like an awesome idea! It would really be a Speed Triple now would it though? But, that doesn't matter b/c it would be awesome. It would be more of a fight for a K1200R. Big Money Wheels my butt.

#6 ·
Use the fairing subframe mounting lugs on the frame. fabricate a bracket and you should be able to fit the twin light set up from a later speed triple. Personaly I think one big round headlight looks better. I had a "naked D1200" It had thunderbird sport triple clamps and bars and clamps from a later model speed triple. Check my pics I think theres some pics of it in the european tours gallery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.