Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Bit of a problem tracking down some simple parts - hoping for some advice / help.

My first ride out this year with a pillion and I've lost the two pannier locating rubber stops. These are the things that fit over a bracket around the pillion footrest area. They are slotted, square (ish) and simply fit over a flat plate bracket.

They locate into a recess at the front of the Triumph hard panniers as you put them on and I suppose give the boxes some stability / support low down at the front.

I can't find them on any parts exploded diagram and a quick call to the Triumph factory parts phone-line here in the UK didn't get me anywhere.

Anyone familiar with what I am talking about - and clues to where I can get a replacement ?

Thanks - G

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I believe they came as part of the pannier kit and may not be available individually, if the kits are available at all any more.

They're effectively a cushion, I replaced one with a piece cut from an inner tube. I'll measure the orignal piece that's left and post back.

Edit- is this what you're looking for (the triangular/oval on the end)?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used some old hose, cut it to length and then split it and taped it to the bracket. Has lasted a good 6 years that way. Far cheaper than buying the whole brackets I would guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dyn Blin. Yep - that's the rubber stop I am talking about. Thinking about bodging something from a bit of scrap rubber or hose. Not had a look yet to see what I may have

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
There was a rider here sharing some of is work with plans for parts off a 3D printer a while back. Beyond my ken, but it's fascinating, & I would guess has some unlocked demand for little parts that may become EOL'd for our aging rides.

We should have "post your latest bodge" page here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts