Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - putting a new tank on an old bike without knowing what the hose routing
is . Is there a source of information that I might be able to refer to (drawing ??) that shows
all of the hose routing on a tiger tank ?
thanks for your thoughts and comments

marc

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got my Tiger mostly put back together after an engine swap, I've just plumbed the tank in - I can take photos tomorrow if they will help?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got my Tiger mostly put back together after an engine swap, I've just plumbed the tank in - I can take photos tomorrow if they will help?
hey - that would be awesome if it's still possible for you ?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet -
So the on the LEFT side pic , the hose marked RED from the fuel pump goes to the fuel rail left side -correct?
in the same photo the smaller diameter blue silicone hose -where is that going ? is it to the right side on the air box ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry for the delay replying.
Yes, the red fuel hose connector (top one on the tank) is the left of the fuel rail, and the blue silicone hose is the vacuum pipe from the right side of the airbox.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Those are the fuel drain connectors. You should have two separate rubber pipes connected to them to take overflowing fuel down past the hot engine exiting underneath. One of them comes from the fuel filler area in case you overfill the tank or the fuel expands when hot.

In my opinion a crucial piece of kit you should have on there, unless of course, you are a fan of running fuel fires on motorcycles :).

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
one of the two (outboard) seemed to have had a one way valve of sorts - would it stand to reason that it should be one-way 'out' (ie: away from tank)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
one of the two (outboard) seemed to have had a one way valve of sorts - would it stand to reason that it should be one-way 'out' (ie: away from tank)
It's a while since I've dealt with this issue, so don't take this advice as gospel..........

Sometimes they can gunge up inside, so a piece of wire is needed to get them flowing freely again ?? :unsure:

Hopefully, someone with a bit more recent knowledge on the subject can either confirm or deny this ?? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Mine look pretty 'closed' too...
They shouldn't be, lol :oops:

Check inside the the fuel filler cap, there will be a drain hole to one side (think it's the left side so when the bike's on it's stand the fuel will drain more readily), that should be free flowing. Put some rubber tube round it and try and blow it through.....will it blow through ??

On my old 955 if I filled the fuel tank to full, went in to pay for it, I would often come back out to fuel underneath the bike from the filler cap overflow. The engine heats the fuel up, it expands in the tank and spews out. If yours can't do that I would have thought there would be some pressure build up. Not sure what the consequences of that would be though ?? ?

I haven't got my bike any more, so can't check where the other one is linked to ?? Probably internal to the fuel tank so a vacuum can't form ?? Anyone else help ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Tiger-G. I've stuck a bit of hose on both outlets and sucked through - as you said they do indeed both go to the filler cap area!
I've added drain hoses now, to a safe spot by the swingarm pivot!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts