Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
threw my tiger down the road end of last year, ouch, replaced the indicator, gear lever and battery as I had pushed it to the back of the garage in disgust and ignored it for a couple of months.....

Now the engine warning light is on all the time although the bike seems to run fine, before I pay an expensive visit to my local dealer for him to um and ah his way up to a big number for the bill any suggestions on what to check myself would be greatly appreciated...

thanks
Ratt4558

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hello ratt4558.

Do you mean that the warning light has stayed on the first time you ran the bike since the crash? Or do you mean the light stays on all the time, even after several stop/start cylces?

If there is a fault that has been rectified, the warning light stays on for three heat cycles. Just checking!

Jon

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Hi Ratt, welcome, and just to elucidate on Johnny's post.

You'll need to ride the bike three times, or at least start it, let it get to operating temp, then switch off and let it cool, three times. The light should go out on the fourth start.

IF it does, no problem the source of the light coming on was temporary, but was stored and can be read by Triumph mechs at the next service. If the light still comes on, there is still a problem somewhere that will need the Triumph ECU machine to decypher.

Good luck!

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advise, much appreciated, fourth time was the charm, light went out and the tiger is behaving itself nicely!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts