1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you order your bags from? I am looking as well and they are hard to find for a 2001 Tiger.

Thanks in advance.
GBC
I just ordered them from my Triumph dealer. They were in stock. You might want to hurry as these and many other girlie "add-ons" are becoming discontinued.

My factory panniers never leaked, however, I bought the liners as insurance. What I found was that they are really handy when going on long rides and then stopping to tour on foot. They are like little gym bags with carry straps and all. Very well made.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just ordered them from my Triumph dealer. They were in stock. You might want to hurry as these and many other girlie "add-ons" are becoming discontinued.

My factory panniers never leaked, however, I bought the liners as insurance. What I found was that they are really handy when going on long rides and then stopping to tour on foot. They are like little gym bags with carry straps and all. Very well made.
Agreed, they are excellent. I bought mine on ebay a year or so ago because none of the Triumph dealers I contacted could get new ones. I find them very handy on long journeys when arriving with a filthy bike. Instead of bashing the mucky boxes against the walls & oliing up carpets (Scottoiler oil gets over the LH box if it's turned up too much), I can whip out the nice clean bags, leaving the cases attached to the bike. They also flatten when empty which is handy when staying with mates, camping & small hotel rooms

My cases do leak a bit in heavy rain but this is almost certainly through the locks at the top. There is a fix for this (which I've been too lazy to get around to). The bags are not waterproof, but any leaks pool to the bottom of the box and the bags are made of a rubbery material here so nothing has got wet....yet!

Jon

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually they can be made waterproof. Just stuff each bag with towels (or whatever) so they take form and just spray them with a waterproofing spray (a couple of coats)... the same stuff you use on nylon dome tents or the stuff you use of leather coats and shoes.

If your Triumph dealer can't (ie. won't) get the bag liners for you... you can order them here:

http://www.jacklilley.com/view_part.asp?category_id=15&category_type_id=102&part_id=110

1 - 6 of 6 Posts