im thinking about getting scorpion or micron

·
Registered
96 Posts
neither.... Wolf/Trident

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I would say Trident. They make to whole system to the bike.

I have read, but not varified that scorpion exhaust is all the same for bikes, The only difference is the connector pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
On 2006-11-29 02:37, Miami955J wrote:
what do you guys think the best exhaust brand is for daytona 955i? year is 2003
im thinking about getting scorpion or micron
If you're looking at something in the Micron price range, definately get a Trident or a Wolf.

Wolf is actually on here a lot and he is about 10 times more helpful than any other aftermarket parts manufacturer that I've encountered. Highly recommended for sure...

He even sent my Trident pipe rush delivery for me. It arrived from England to California in 3 days!!! I can't say enough good things about Wolf...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd recommend going with an undertail system so you can show off the single sided swingarm. Either the Wolf or Powermax undertail systems will give your bike a much cleaner look and will turn heads due to the oh so great music they produce. Of course, I'm not the one paying for the new exhaust system either! :-D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a MHP titanium and Power Commander.Love the looks,sound and power. I know I'll get flamed but I don't like the angle in relationship to the tail section of the Trident pipe....John

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
On 2006-12-04 19:42, EUROTWINS wrote:
I have a MHP titanium and Power Commander.Love the looks,sound and power. I know I'll get flamed but I don't like the angle in relationship to the tail section of the Trident pipe....John
Not from me, that is a good observation. The Trident mid-pipe does make that wierd "S" bend. I'd rather it came up more diagonal but you get used to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a Scorpion when brand new (04) and after break in I noticed a bad flat spot at 4K rpm. Went to a power commander and it only shifted the flat spot around here and there. Took it off, had the "fat" tune installed on the bikes factory computer and ran the stock pipe to check the bike out. It ran wonderful except for the choking at very low rpm with a fist of throttle: Solution- bought the Triumph pipe and all is now fantastic.

I think we have to be careful which pipe goes on the 955i. It seems like the bike needs to push a lot of air out. Mine anyway, oh yeah, I have the K&N airbox in there too. :cool:

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I had an old carbon can company straight through race pipe lying around. It came off a mates Ducati 900 that got torched in his shed by vandals. The pipe survived. He didn't want it so I fitted it on the 955 and had the race tune from the dealer. Seems to run just fine if a tad loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts