Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,1stly,fanx to every1 who has helped so far,daytona still wont start,just got a dealertool diagnostic kit,plugged it in an it reads that there isnt any fault with anything,no faults found,still wont start,any ideas out there?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to be jumping in late..........

It has spark?

Checked resistance of the coils?

Have you recently unplugged any part of the harness?

Fuel pressure?

When I did a motor swap last year I got the water temp sensor and the crank sensor mixed. Luckily didn't fry anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right.......

ive tried to start it with a spray of starting fluid,still wont fire,ive measured the c.p.s and it reads .5 ohms,so cud be that,gona see if i can get hold of 1 and let u all know how it goes....

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
punkypete, Have you checked in on the other thread? I know it's a wee bit drawn out, but without having the thing in front of us it takes a bit to diagnose without throwing money at it.

If it doesn't bark at all with the ether (starting fluid) then there's no spark on any of the cylinders.

Brad

·
Registered
91 Posts
ok,1stly,fanx to every1 who has helped so far,daytona still wont start,just got a dealertool diagnostic kit,plugged it in an it reads that there isnt any fault with anything,no faults found,still wont start,any ideas out there?
punkypete - I don't know if you have found anything out yet, but I had been having somewhat of an issue starting my '04 daytona. I went through the plugs, plug coils, gas fittings, checked the injectors for resistance and the injector wires for resistance. I also checked the tip over sensor, crank & cam position sensors, all the relays, the starter, and had even taken mine to a "mechanic" shop who told me that I had seriously low compression (60/80/60, in the cylinders respectively). Turns out, I have a messed up battery. I have had my 'cycle torn apart for the better part of four months trying to figure out the issue, and it was a battery (which I had bought new and even had tested to ensure that it was holding charge before I put it in the daytona!) - Not to mention the "mechanics" I had taken it to, after doing the compression test, was trying to convince me that I needed a top end rebuild - all b/c of a stupid battery! The moral of the story, go get yourself a battery charger that has a microprocessor which can check your battery's voltage and your alternator's voltage as well as charge your battery (I bought a sears die hard charger for about $70 new - here in the states) and it worked like a charm! Also, for the future, I wouldn't use starting fluid any more. That stuff can really burn up your valves if your not careful. Just get yourself a plastic spray bottle and pour some gasoline into it and do the same thing - gasoline engines aren't designed to burn ether. That stuff is used mainly for diesel engines that won't start during cold weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.