Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys my tiger stops while i was traveling.
I found the problem . the center cylinder is 40 psi the right one 60 and the left 75 psi when the starter turns with full battery.
I open the cylinder head and i saw that all the valves where full of carbon. i test them on my cylinder head with gas and just a valve stay dry. 11 valves where like a river.
So i clean them very good from the carbon ( that was a lot of work ) and i am gonna clean my cylinder head too. i am gonna replace the valve oil seals because i supposed that was the reason for this. And maybe the bad oil that the previews owner used. Does anyone know if i have to change and the piston rings? my cylinders were in great condition without any scratch or something bad. Do you think i am right ? what else could probably do the but situation in the engine? 55.000 miles.

( forgive me for my bad English :D )

·
Registered
124 Posts
It sounds to me that the valves are the problem, IE, the clearances are too tight allowing the valves to remain open on the compression stroke, which would account for the carbon up the stems. Have you checked the clearances??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts