Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Daytona people,
I've got an '02 engine that's missing the sai components- the covers that bolt on to the valve cover are gone so I can't just plug the hoses and disconnect everything. I see British Customs has some for the 1050 motor but after searching this and other forums I don't see anything for the 955 motor just threads on how to dismantle and plug up an existing sai system.
Does anyone know if there are ready made block off plates for the 955 engine?
I emailed British Customs but haven't heard back yet.
Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
01 Daytona Block off Plates

Should be the same

Bikebandit shows the same OEM reed valve cover part number for 2004 (955) model and the 2007, therefor the blanking plates should be identical.
Do you or any one happen to know where I can get block off plates for an 01 Daytona?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely not applicable on your bike
I would suggest that you maybe check the header interface for leaks (possibly replace gaskets), or even the header/mid-pipe connection.

Does it smell rich at all, or otherwise running OK except for the exhaust combustion?
Thank you . Your always so helpful. And incase no one has told you your bike is really bad a$$.😈

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely not applicable on your bike
I would suggest that you maybe check the header interface for leaks (possibly replace gaskets), or even the header/mid-pipe connection.

Does it smell rich at all, or otherwise running OK except for the exhaust combustion?
Also no it doesn't smell at all. At least I can't smell anything riding with the helmet on. When I start it up there no out of the ordinary smell. And it runs great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts