Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just bought me a pair of Daytona heated grips for my 955. On arming myself with the wiring diagram in the Haynes book of lies, I discover there's a heated grip connector on the bike! But it's got three wires to it. One's black and clearly earth, one's lilac, the other's blue. Is my assessment (following) correct? Lilac is unswitched (as is the main accessory connector also on lilac) and blue is switched (seems to also go the 'passing' light switch. Can I stick another 60W load directly on the blue/switched power, or should I stick a relay between the unswitched lilac (which appears to be fused) and the switched blue (which is also fused)?

Yours, in hot-handed anticipation...

·
Registered
166 Posts
you're right on the routing.... one wire connects from the ignition switch, the other power wire is shared with the accessory socket, flash to pass switch, and the clock / speedometer.

not sure on load - suppose it depends on what you have plugged into the accessory socket! Main fuse for that circuit is on the other side of the speedometer in the circuit diagram....

·
Registered
719 Posts
I used that plug for my grips, I liked the idea of the key/kill the grips. Seems to work ok. Have used them a Doz times with extended riding - no problems.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The grips are now installed and running via a relay. They heat up quickly in 'Start' mode and when you switch to 'On' from 'Start' they quickly cool down again to a rather lower than ideal temperature. Now I've bought them (they seemed to have a reputation for reliability), I'm find all sorts of postings on the net about them not being warm enough.... Bah!:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts