Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2004 995 speed triple and am about to start commuting on it and would like to improve the headlights as their beam is not great. I remember seeing a thread about this here but can't for find now.

THe thread talked about HID's being expensive and that there was a much cheaper option to significantly improve the beam etc. Does anyone remember the thread or have any other advice about products?

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I popped a pair of 100/55's in my 2002 S3. I found that the dip beam was fine for most road riding, but needed something brighter than 60w on back roads. Once in the 100w high beam was like a pair of lasers. Gonna do the same with my 1050....

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I popped a pair of 100/55's in my 2002 S3. I found that the dip beam was fine for most road riding, but needed something brighter than 60w on back roads. Once in the 100w high beam was like a pair of lasers. Gonna do the same with my 1050....
Be careful with higher wattage bulbs. Unless you beef up your wiring, you most likely will fry it.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2004 995 speed triple and am about to start commuting on it and would like to improve the headlights as their beam is not great. I remember seeing a thread about this here but can't for find now.

THe thread talked about HID's being expensive and that there was a much cheaper option to significantly improve the beam etc. Does anyone remember the thread or have any other advice about products?

thanks
Here is a link that might help.http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/52846-raybrig-headlight-vs-stock.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts