Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched and cannot find a good instructiuonal thread for installing the Skyking tail tidy on a 955 ST or RS... the instructions are crud as far as getting me anywhere close to knowing where I should be cutting the fender. :(

Help please...
A thread with pics would be wonderful... less vague instructions would be really helpful too.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Why don't you just cut it to suit your personal preference?

Your choice of where and how to do it could look better than what has been done previously.

Anyway, its not like here are a lot of options as to where to make the cut(s) is there?

And, if this is the unit I am thinking about, it is generic and meant for other marques including the Triumph.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I did this on my TT600 which uses (from what I can tell) the same shovel on the rear. Dremel tool, some aluminum and voila.

Before

After:

After #2:

I cut around the actual mudguard close to the bodywork then down and under where the reflector mounts. I drilled out the reflector holes to match the license plate mount. I bent a piece of aluminum and painted it black for the signal lights and bolte the plate mount and signal light mount to the remaining part of the fender.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice clean work on a nice bike Calliway. I'd like to do similarly soon. How's the 600?

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Thanks,
Its an ok Bike. I have only gone on short blasts with it. It is a bloody rocket ship that was well ahead of its time with FI and the like. I have a 2 up rear sprocket, tune and TOR can on it. great for the track. I don't think I have honestly put 75kms on it though. It is my wife's bike I did up for her and she is still riding her CBR125R learning the ropes.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Nice job Calliway. I'd love to do that but the law is targetting all mods on bike (especially loud cans and tail cuts) so mine stays standard for the time! :(

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Thank you Dave.

Froggy when you check back, the SkyKing is the same tidy that is supposed to be on here and its just to much work to work properly.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Cal you do some fine work.

My 99 came with the rear fender chopped. They cut off the shovel and drilled 2 holes bolted on some flat steel to mount the plate. Looked janky, but I redid it by drilling the plate to fit better than drilled 2 holes on the side to mount aftermarket signals. Looks real clean and was free(except the blinkers, $20)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts