Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at retro fitting 955 coils onto my 93 daytona 750.
can anyone who has a haynes/service manual make a note of the coil values, so i can see if they are compatible with my engine/electrical sysytem?

·
Registered
692 Posts
One thing about Triumphs, someone is always asking for coil help. I can't help you with 955i specs, but if they won't work with your D750, I suggest you try Nology. I replaced the coils on my D1200 a few months ago with Nology's and am very pleased with them. It is a simple plug and play procedure. The same coils may fit your D750, but I would double check via an e-mail if you go this route.

http://www.nology.com/profiremotor.html

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the nology coils will fit, and are an option, but i was looking at the feasabilty of using the coils from a 955, as they plug staright onto the plug, and eliminate the need for ht leads, which is one less thing to go wrong!

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Daytona 750, A couple of items come to mind...how to fire the low voltage side (not too difficult) and physically the depth of the plug well. None of the D955s are apart at the moment or I'd give you a depth measurement.

High performance 8mm wire (different colors available) should be trouble free and are easy as pie to make different lengths.

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts