Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

How many parts were replaced during your warranty?

• 955 cc, 0 parts

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 955 cc, 1 part

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 955 cc, 2 parts

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 955 cc, 3 parts

• 955 cc, 4 or more parts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1050 cc, 0 parts

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • 1050 cc, 1 part

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 1050 cc, 2 parts

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1050 cc, 3 parts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1050 cc, 4 or more parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the things that clinched the decision to get the Sprint for me was the Motorad 50,000 km endurance test against 12 other competitors (including the K1200S and the VFR) where the Sprint was the proven winner with "proven reliability and excellent condition". There is another Motorad summary on the Triumph site stating once again the Sprint ST is the first choice: http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/News_12976.aspx

My experience to date however has been nowhere near that level. I am still in warranty and cannot ride my bike for the third time. What irks me most is that this is the start of the riding season and I am once again awaiting a warranty repair.

So am I really in the minority? Please complete this survey and let's see how our experiences match up.

For this survey please consider only the initial 2 years of the bike's life -- the warranty period only. Please list the number of parts that were replaced under warranty. Regular maintenance items like chains, plugs and filters do not count nor do recall parts like the drag link bolt. In my case it has been three service visits with 5 parts replaced: the radiator cap, the valve cover gasket, the fuel level sending unit, all 3 sleeves and pistons ( I count this as one part even though there is a slew of items here) and now, the oil cooler radiator. If the same part was replaced twice, that counts as two parts. Please tell us what parts you had replaced as well.

The 955 and 1050 are split apart to see if there is any change over time. For those who are statistically curious, a cell with more than 30 observations is significant i.e. that number of reports is beyond what one would expect for a random result.

Thank you for your cooperation.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hit 2 years March 25th-20,700 trouble free miles/smiles! Zero warranty repairs. Just normal maintenance and farkles. Been a awsome machine, still makes me smile just walking by and looking at it. Would not hesitate to buy another. Cheers, Maury.

·
Premium Member
24,383 Posts
I have had on my '04 Sprint ST only 2 parts replaced under warranty;

1) faulty , leaking CF Triumph Race can, replaced with Triumph SS race can

2) Faulty speedo sender unit.

Total mileage now almost 62,000kms of very hard riding.

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I won't fill out your poll, since I still have a year of warranty left. But, in the 11 months and 7,200 miles I've ridden, I've had NO parts replaced under warranty. Unless you count the end link bolt recall ! :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Have to come back to you on that in a couple of years, only have 1000km yet.
IMO you have been very unlucky with your bike, hope this is the last thing going wrong.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had my instrument cluster replaced under warranty because the speedo needle deformed. It worked fine, but I didn't like how it looked and my dealer put in the claim.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Cam Chain and everything that goes with it.

Stepper motor.

Throttle Position Sensor.

Throttle Body.

Next up and not under warranty.

Fuel Pump and me paying to clean the injectors.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It seems like I'm forgetting something, but I had the 2 fuel fittings replaced, and the dealership mailed me a new rear brake m/c cover that had rotted. The new one lasted as long as the original, and I gave up.

My bike has been as reliable as a hammer (feverishly touching wood). Coming up on 24,000 miles.

pr

·
Registered
489 Posts
'02 ST

Counting the two recall fuel fittings as one part, and a small rubber boot over the rear brakelight switch that rotted away as the other part.

No other problems under warranty. Did the starter sprag and gear out of warranty @ 35,000 miles. No problems since then (touch wood) for the 20,000 miles since then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts