Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a decent used exhaust system for the TBird today, and I happened to see one for a '95 Trophy on ebay...

I am kinda in love with the way the Trophy system looks, so my next big question is - will it bolt up, and if not, how much adjusting would making it fit take? I searched on here for quite a while, but I never did find a definitive answer.

Thanks!
Merlyn

·
Registered
694 Posts
not sure if the Trophy system will bolt up easily. However, I have one muffler left from my 95 Trophy ( I think it's the left side) that I'd sell for $25 plus shipping. tommyturbo2

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I seem to recall that headers from the T3 Sport/Touring range (so incl the Trophy) have been fitted. The main issue/mod, not to hard is the front coolant pipe needs moving and/or a flexible hose fitting. Doubtless new brackets for the silencers. The only other I can think of is the centrestand, if you have one fitted. The mount on the other T3s is narrower, so some research needed (searching this forum) to confirm clearance or otherwise. Obviously, nothing is insurmountable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seem to recall that headers from the T3 Sport/Touring range (so incl the Trophy) have been fitted. The main issue/mod, not to hard is the front coolant pipe needs moving and/or a flexible hose fitting. Doubtless new brackets for the silencers. The only other I can think of is the centrestand, if you have one fitted. The mount on the other T3s is narrower, so some research needed (searching this forum) to confirm clearance or otherwise. Obviously, nothing is insurmountable.

Outstanding, thanks!

I'm not running a center stand, so that's not an issue, and I am going to be fitting new silencers to it anyway (probably a set of cheap Emgo Dunstall replicas). Long as I don't have to weld in any extensions, I'm good. :: rubs hands together ::

Off to find me a Trophy header for sale in the US. There's one on ebay for $60, but that's in England, and I bet the shipping would be a serious expense...

Merlyn

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure if the Trophy system will bolt up easily. However, I have one muffler left from my 95 Trophy ( I think it's the left side) that I'd sell for $25 plus shipping. tommyturbo2
I'm actually planning to go with a new set of mufflers - just looking for the header/midpipe. Thanks though!

I would ask a favor if I could though, since you have one handy... what's the inlet ID on the trophy muffler?

Thanks!
Merlyn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts