Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the original airbox with aftermarket air cleaners or a better solution?
Tried to search the forum but couldn't get the search engine to cooperate. Sorry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a K&N filter in my '96 when I had it. Worked great
Thanks lobout. I saw a K&N on Bike Bandit. I was wondering if anyone has used individual filters on each carb or used a UNI foam filter inside the airbox as well.
I'm trying desperately to keep this first generation Tiger on the street due to its wonderful engine.

·
Registered
850 Posts
It does have a wonderful engine. I put 63500 trouble free miles on mine before I sold it. A broken ignition key was the only time it left me stranded. I got the K&N because I didn't want to be replacing filters every couple of years, and it is also supposed to give you a bit more power. Can't say I noticed though

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lobout: Since you had your bike for so many miles I have another question. This bike has always had a problem: I fill it up with gas and ride for 10+ miles and the bike hesitates and then stops with symptoms of running out of gas. I can wait a few minutes and then get it going again. I have checked fuel filters, the breather on the tank (finally took it out), and still have never been able to fix this. It seems that it doesn't happen if I have the fuel valve on reserve. Did you have this problem. By-the-way mine has 27K miles on it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Never had any problem like that, but it sounds like the tank isn't venting. Try running it with the gas cap slightly open and see if it still does it. Like I said, mine ran faultlessly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts