Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a small accident and I broke my front mudguard .Does anyone know if the mudguards on the s3 is interchangable with any other Triumph models?. I was going to try a bike wrecker first .Other than that I'll have to get an original through triumph, I imagine it will be quite expensive , so the wrecker will be my first option.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hey rustybolt, I think all the T3 series mudguards are the same so you have the choice of S3, Sprint, Trident and Daytona, maybe not Tiger though.

There are not many (if any) T3's being wrecked but I seem to remember Liverpool Bike Wreckers (Bromley Rd, Emu Plains) having a Sprint Exec a while back. Might be worth a try.

Cheers,

Roden

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Trophy as well, at least the earlier one-piece. :D

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input I gave emu plains wreckers a call and they didn't know if they fitted or not ,they did mention they had a half guard, I think he said this was off a trophy like kit mentioned .I'll head into the dealer this afternoon and see how much a new one is.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Which dealer are you going to mate?

I used Team Moto Blacktown, they are pretty good guys, helpful and all.

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got an extra carbon fiber fender sitting on a shelf. Might be kind of pricey to ship to Oz though. Something to keep in mind I guess....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I wen't to team moto at Blacktown this afternoon they are good guys $375 for the mudgaurd (painted) it is expensive but what am I to do I can't repair the old one as there is a peice missing and has alot of cracks in it , the left hand foot peg is $120 also bloody expensive , and $20 for the indicator lense.Nothing else is broken or needs repairing or painting , who would have thought such a small incident would be so costly . Damnfootpeg , Only the very end is broken off it is still rideable but I wanted to change it anyway as the bike is in realy good condition and I like everything to be right. It could have been alot worse.I suppose it's all part of riding a bike especialy when you ride for everyday transport.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Probably not helping Rustybolt much, but Ive been chasing C/F front guard and rear hugger for ages now. Other than the one Badtriumph has offered to Rustybolt any idea where I could pick up these items?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Front fender/Mudguard

Hey Rusty and others, if you have a look on the airtech site (Airtech Streamlining) there is a Daytona 1200 front guard for about $65us. This will be the same as all T3 gaurds and Dphex is obviously using them in his super 111 rebuild - have a look at the 3rd photo in his post. - hope this helps. If in Aus you might try Eurobrit ion Melbourne or VGC spares in Auckland - Newzild

Cheers KiwiGeoff

·
Banned
141 Posts
air tec

google air tec fairings,, they make wicked good reporduction parts. and the firberglass one they have is only 67.00 bucks .. they also do carbon fiber for a lot more coin. great craftsmenship.

·
Banned
141 Posts
duh

google air tec fairings,, they make wicked good reporduction parts. and the firberglass one they have is only 67.00 bucks .. they also do carbon fiber for a lot more coin. great craftsmenship.
guess if i had read the full thread id seen mot beat me to it ,,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts