Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an alternative?
Do all the Sports/Tourer T3 Coolers Fit my bike?

Just wondering, mine is pretty craped up, not leaking, but it is making me paranoid :) LOL

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Sorry to jump in and contradict, but I think there's a nit to be picked.... :D

IIRC, the 3s and 4s use different coolers, so be sure not to put a 1200 cooler on a 900 or vice versa.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry to jump in and contradict, but I think there's a nit to be picked.... :D

IIRC, the 3s and 4s use different coolers, so be sure not to put a 1200 cooler on a 900 or vice versa.

Cheers,
-Kit
Yes your certainly correct but as he was asking about a T3 not a T4 then the info given is correct. T3 Coolers fit all T3`s.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Ah, but a T309 is a 3-cylinder T3 and a T312 is a 4! The only T4 I'm aware of is the T409 Tiger 900, which is a triple. Much like my 2004 T625... :D

Not simple like the old days, when a T120 would theoretically go 120MPH and a T140 would do 140. :rolleyes:

Oy. Sometimes, I think I could remember my cousin's birthdays if I didn't have all this crap cluttering up my brain. :p

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I replaced the cooler on my D12, the old one had the oil line connections to the top of the cooler. The new one I got from Triumph had the connections to the bottom, so needed new lines as well. Don't know if it changed on the 900 as well, just something to maybe be aware off.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look what happens when you ask a simple question ..... :)

thanks guys...the hunt begins.

(as soon as I fix my balancer!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts