Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 94 Daytona 1200. It was the Triumph Red, but for some reason the guy I bought it from painted the faring black, so now I have the red tank, under seat side panels and seat hump in red, faring in black. I would like to put in back as was....red. Can any one help me with a colour code to match the original, I think it was called pomegranate, but not sure….also, where can I buy a litre in Europe?

·
Registered
408 Posts
This might help with codes http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/2046.aspx but there's no Pomegranate listed.

I've never bought OEM bike paint, but for car paint I go to automotive paint suppliers armed with the colour code and get it mixed up. Usually they have tones of it to account for age/fade etc, some colours fade more than others with UV light. Or they dig out their books of colour chips and pick a match that way.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey FC
I was wrong re the colour name it's the PIMENTO RED DUPONT BEC 1479 T3120300-CF...........thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts