Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm in Canada with a very nice bike I'm about to dig into. My friend owns a 900 Daytona, a 94, maybe a 95 depends on when I ask him:) Anyway it is having problems starting and after reading I suspect its the Sprag gear gone. Problem is I'm not sure which threads to follow.I think its possibly a speed triple. This bike seems to fairly rare and I can't find anyone with a sprag gone.
Maybe someone could point me in the right direction and I can get this guy back on the road
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Post up on the T3 forum mate, you will get the answers you need. Also do a search on sprags, that should turn up a stack of info.

It would help if you can give a detailed description of the symptoms because there are other reasons for a hard to start bike.

Good luck,

Roden

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will go to the T3 forum. I have searched on the sprag gear and it is the prime suspect. I won't know for sure till the bikes in my hands. As far a sI know it will sometimes start but mostimes clatters. Owner says its done now and has to bum start her. Sad state!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts