Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Bonnie Black, 2009 BMW RT, 2018 Bonneville T120, 2019 Kawasaki z900rs CAFE
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 9,500 mile/2 year service done. Never heard of that one? Neither did I, but here it is.
1)OEM Metzler's were finally shot so had them replaced with Avon AM26 Roadriders, in stock sizes.
2)Had the brake lines flushed & fluid replaced, along with the rear pads, which were also shot.

I haven't owned a bike like this before but thought those Metzlers were pretty decent tires. Liked the 19"Lasertec better than the MZ2 out back. So, I took her out on my favorite twisties today & man, if these Avons hold up, I think I'm really gonna like these tires. Very, very nice!
Also, braking was noticeably better on both ends. No longer has that "wooden" feel during the squeeze.
Guess the 1-2 year service interval for replacing the fluids/pads is for real.
Next up -new plugs & valve adjustment this fall.
Anyway, thought I'd pass this tidbit on for anyone contemplating these things....

·
30,527 Posts
Brake fluid replacement was a good move - well worth doing about every 2 years.

Hmm. Which means mine will due any time.......

It's good to keep on top of these maintenance items.

·
Registered
44 Posts
wow

Wow, i have a 2008 america running the metzlers and just passed 10,500 in less than a year, with still 3-4 thousand miles left on the tire. most of my riding is highway with two up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts