Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was planning on introducing myself on here anyway, but I have a stupid story now so I've gotta do it. I'm in the Seattle area, I bought a white '08 Speed--my second bike--about two weeks ago and I love it. I've been enjoying breaking it in and just did a ~300 mile oil change to get the glitter out of the crankcase.

Anyway, my stupid story: being accustomed to filling up the SV, today at the pump I absent-mindedly put 87 octane in the Speed (the manual calls for 89). Anybody else ever do this? Should I immediately siphon the gas out of the tank, dump some octane boost in it, or just ride easy till it's gone? Or, does it even matter? I figure these engines have a high enough compression ratio that 87 might just ping like crazy if I push it.

Thanks in advance for any advice, anecdotes, mocking, etc. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, everybody. I had no intention of starting an "octane thread," I just wanted to get others' experiences. Now that I look back at the original post, I realize I was skirting an octane thread, an oil thread, and a break-in thread! :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.