Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my leftover 2018 Tiger last May, and it has 8000K miles. Yesterday it stalled coming to a stop a couple times. Today it stalled at least 6-7 times coming to a stop. This is all within a few miles so its definitely not right. Never had this issue before.

It is under warranty, but is this a known issue with a simple fix? I'd rather not take it back to a dealer if possible. Appreciate any info.. thanks.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Before you do anything I’d run the 15 min tune. Procedure is as follows.
On a cold motor start bike in neutral, hand off throttle. Let bike idle until fan kicks in. Whatever you do, don't touch the throttle or it will cancel the procedure.
It reloads the last tune. Sometimes for whatever reason the tune gets corrupt and causes a veriaty of issues. One like yours.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried the 15 min tune this morning. The first 10-12 stops or so, no stalls. Thought I might have it, then I had two or three stalls in succession. I'll try the tune again for the hell of it and see what happens next. Will take it in if that doesn't solve it...unless there are any other things I could try. ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts