Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm normally not into windscreens on my naked bikes, but that Puig looks alright on the 765. My commute to work is nearly all hwy, 60+mph, and that could be nice to break some wind.

·
Registered
103 Posts
"I'm normally not into windscreens on my naked bikes, but that Puig looks alright on the 765. My commute to work is nearly all hwy, 60+mph, and that could be nice to break some wind".

I totally agree. I'm a minimalist, but I feel it doesn't detract from the look of the bike and helps to cut down wind a bit too! I was worried before I bought it, but I think Puig did a good job.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi - did you have any issues getting the Puig Naked Windscreen installed? I just got the Puig one (8929 model number) which says it is supposed to fit the Speed Triple and the Street Triple 765. But I can't get the bracket to align properly to install the screw into the LCD dash. I am following the instructions and am using the spacer etc. Any ideas or help? Is there a different model number I'm supposed to use? This is the model that says fits the Street Triple 765 on the Puig website (even my instructions only say Speed Triple 2016 and on, the instruction manual on the website includes the Street Triple). Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
"Hi - did you have any issues getting the Puig Naked Windscreen installed? I just got the Puig one (8929 model number) which says it is supposed to fit the Speed Triple and the Street Triple 765. But I can't get the bracket to align properly to install the screw into the LCD dash. I am following the instructions and am using the spacer etc. Any ideas or help? Is there a different model number I'm supposed to use? This is the model that says fits the Street Triple 765 on the Puig website (even my instructions only say Speed Triple 2016 and on, the instruction manual on the website includes the Street Triple). Thanks."

I'll be honest, I had it installed by my dealer.
They fiddled around a bit, but didn't seem to have that much of a problem.

However, I do know that the Puig for the Speed Triple is the correct one.

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
Does that Puig give any protection from rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might keep a little rain off your gauges.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Installed the Flyscreen Visor

Done! I think it looks awesome. Haven't gone for a ride yet to determine if it's effective or not. I'll update on that later.

Installed Flyscreen Visor Kit - A9708266
Note that it is dark smoke tinted.

I've also put together installation instructions here - https://goo.gl/LrhsD8

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
I actually emailed MadStad a while back, and they [at the time] told me there were no plans for a 765 model due to lack of consumer interest.

I got email from MadStad that they are working on it and once they figure out the way to modify their system to new location of instruments it will be done. Should be soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
UPDATE: Just been on a ride and the Triumph fly screen visor IS effective at deflecting wind away from my shoulders. I'm 5"7' with a shorter torso. Chuffed with the install.

21 - 40 of 240 Posts