Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Installed a GP Kompozit windscreen today. I am not sure if it makes it any more handsome. Anyway it’s quite good at reducing wind pressure at my chest at triple digits speeds.

Despite it didn’t pass the open visor test though (I am 6”) - which sometimes is handy for me - I
am keeping it on the bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anyone have the Triumph Flyscreen Visor Kit for the 2020 model? I just ordered one, wondering if it is difficult to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed a GP Kompozit windscreen today. I am not sure if it makes it any more handsome. Anyway it’s quite good at reducing wind pressure at my chest at triple digits speeds.

Despite it didn’t pass the open visor test though (I am 6”) - which sometimes is handy for me - I
am keeping it on the bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have just got one but cant work out how to fit it, the longer bolts dont seem to be long enough and how is the screen fixed to the brackets? did you have similar problems?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just got one but cant work out how to fit it, the longer bolts dont seem to be long enough and how is the screen fixed to the brackets? did you have similar problems?
I had the same issue with the first windscreen I ordered, they had sent me the wrong one so the mounting holes didn't line up with the brackets. Second one was the right windscreen but the bolts still weren't long enough, I ended up just picking up some longer ones and it mounted up ok. The screen itself is mounted with the plastic washers on the outside with the bolt-head and then going into the rubber grommet threaded inserts which go into the holes on the bracket. When you tighten them it expands the rubber which holds the screen in place.

241 - 245 of 245 Posts