Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
The one I received, no instructions, and I don't believe the included brackets are intended for the bike. Oh well. Super heavy hand-crafted ugly weld brackets. Cannot recommend at all.
It's reviews like these that make me believe that 'chasing windscreens' on naked bikes is typically futile...I did the same when I had my Yamaha FZ-07, and all of them were disappointments except for the very short OEM screen which was basically cosmetic. All others either blew wind right up my helmet, resulting in tons of noise, or they would cause too much wind buffering at speed. I did chase winscreens on the Triple, with the OEM screen being acceptable, and tried the Powerbronze as well, which did cut a bit more wind (off the chest mainly) and added some buffering and slight noise to the helmet. I went back to the OEM screen, the Powerbronze could be good for longer trips.

Makes me think that the screen that everybody wants is a huge Harley screen that you look through, not a drop of air or buffering. But, frankly, that means a naked bike was not the correct choice....

·
Registered
356 Posts
I see this some other way. I think that lack of windscreen is a safety feature which naturally limits the speed on the bike. However sometimes when you are going on that autobahn you would like to have some windscreen.

If you can have two bikes - that’s great. if you can’t you look for mods to makeup for that rotten compromise you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
The one I received, no instructions, and I don't believe the included brackets are intended for the bike. Oh well. Super heavy hand-crafted ugly weld brackets. Cannot recommend at all.

It’s not possible to mount it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
Makes me think that the screen that everybody wants is a huge Harley screen that you look through, not a drop of air or buffering. But, frankly, that means a naked bike was not the correct choice....
I don't necessarily agree. There has been at least one member who swears by a gigantic Madstad screen on his 675, but I think most people are looking for the smallest screen they can get that takes some wind off their chest, but doesn't create buffeting at the helmet. Aerodynamically, it's a pretty tall order.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't necessarily agree. There has been at least one member who swears by a gigantic Madstad screen on his 675, but I think most people are looking for the smallest screen they can get that takes some wind off their chest, but doesn't create buffeting at the helmet. Aerodynamically, it's a pretty tall order.
Obviously the height of the rider is crucial, not just the height & width of the screen, and it's angle too.
It seems there's no screen available for Street Triples that has any adjustment of any sort - that's the sort of refinement reserved for tourers & adventure bikes!
Coupled with debates about good luggage for our bikes maybe what a lot of riders secretly want is a sports tourer version of the Street Triple?

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
Obviously the height of the rider is crucial, not just the height & width of the screen, and it's angle too.
It seems there's no screen available for Street Triples that has any adjustment of any sort - that's the sort of refinement reserved for tourers & adventure bikes!
Coupled with debates about good luggage for our bikes maybe what a lot of riders secretly want is a sports tourer version of the Street Triple?
Your remarks about the windscreen are very true. At only 5'6", I was very happy with the Dart screen I had on mine. Now that I have the single headlight, I have what is basically just a gauge cover. More for appearances, but it does do a little to keep full blast off my chest. I also enjoy sport-touring on my bike (not that I do it that often), but my idea of a tour does not involve hours droning down the freeway where some might want more wind protection. The more back the backroad, the better.

There were rumors that Triumph was going to release an RT version of the 765 with a 3/4 fairing. One mag even had some renderings of how it might look, but I guess they decided the Tigers and other ADV bikes had the lighter side of that market locked down.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You decide, hah! Even if that long appendage wasn't there, the other angles aren't correct. Brackets look hand made, beginner weld jobs.

It might just be the right part, from the advertising picture it looks like that bracket should go the other way up? i.e. the bracket you're holding is for the R/H side.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
OMG. It’s like from another bike. Could they sent you the wrong set?
I sent multiple pics as the seller requested, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Surely it's the wrong brackets. The seller even confirmed my bike was a 765 RS before sending the kit out, so it seems unfortunate.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It might just be the right part, from the advertising picture it looks like that bracket should go the other way up? i.e. the bracket you're holding is for the R/H side.
Oh maybe. Well I am not near my bike for a few days, will report back this coming weekend. Hopefully I'm just an idiot.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Thank you, Robenever, for a terrific review of the Powerbronze screen and all the great photos! Very comprehensive and very helpful! I spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out what screen to get for my Speed Triple. I ordered the Triumph OEM screen that's currently available and when I received it, the installation instructions are to drill holes in your stock painted mini screen and attach the windscreen visor on top of it. Uh, no. Not for me. That one went back today. An expensive mistake considering the shipping costs. But hey, my bad, I should have done more research before ordering that one. I was informed by the person at Pure Triumph in FL that the previously available Triumph OEM screen has been banned by DOT and is no longer available (except perhaps here and there on eBay I found). I wanted one that didn't attach over the top of the painted stock mini screen. And I didn't want one that replaced of the painted stock mini screen. So that meant no in the Puig. So....I ordered the Powerbronze screen in Dark Tint yesterday morning! Whew!!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
So spoke to my local Triumph dealer, they said Triumph dosent offer the Flyscreen in a tinted/smoked colour?

This one guy on this thread got the:

Flyscreen Visor Kit - A9708266
Note that it is dark smoke tinted.

Does anyone know if its from Triumph or if its aftermarked?
And maybe where i can buy one?
I was informed a couple of days ago by a sales person at Pure Triumph in Florida that this Flyscreen Visor Kit A9708266 has been banned in the US by the DOT. I did see it available from a couple of eBay vendors. The flyscreen visor that Triumph now offers for the Speed Triple looks significantly different and requires drilling holes in your stock painted mini screen for installation. What the heck?!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there a Trump now running the DOT? >:)

Seriously though why ruin the looks of your lovely Street triple with an ugly plastic add-on? The A9708266 fits and completes the look of the bike at very reasonable cost.
Agreed, the oem visor is the only one that looks good. None of them does anything to cut down the wind anyway. They all just ruin the look of the bike, my opinion only.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Alright, here it is. It's the real deal, it keeps a lot of wind off the chest, and out of the bottom of my helmet (I'm 5'10"). Looks a bit dorky / adventure-ish, whatever I literally don't care. I will remove the Triumph accessory screen later, I promise. Installation is a bit of a pain due to access of the lower bolts, but nothing insurmountable. The craftsmanship seems a bit on the sketchy side, but it seems to work and fit properly in the end. There is no rubbing like the Puig kit.

Oh yeah, someone sent me the source of these screens: https://www.gpkompozit.com/urun/street-triple-uyumlu-on-cam-2017-2018

181 - 200 of 230 Posts