Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 STRS
13 Posts
Yep, but my point is to not remove catalytic converters. I do not want to make additional remapping etc. Question now is, it will be needed to remap after changing only slip on.
I put a SC S1 slip-on with no remap, as for now I haven't noticed any negative issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
SC project and Spark both make headers for the 765. However it takes extensive tuning to eke the best performance. Some people have suggested swapping out the headers but leaving the stock (2020+) or the arrow eu4 (2017-2019) exhausts in place for a best of both worlds approach. Anyone tried that setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys,

Any one tried to remove second catalytic converter from oryginal exhaust? Can someone share experience?

·
Registered
13 Posts
a very long and difficult process maybe - if you watch this. It is not easy to get out
I saw this video, in fact it is not difficult. When You disattach whole muffler and look into it from side of headers than You will see catalytic converter honeycomb, all You need to do is to use grinder or other tool to damage it.

Removing is not so difficult, I am more interested about how it affects performance / sound of bike.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I saw this video, in fact it is not difficult. When You disattach whole muffler and look into it from side of headers than You will see catalytic converter honeycomb, all You need to do is to use grinder or other tool to damage it.

Removing is not so difficult, I am more interested about how it affects performance / sound of bike.
He has a video of the sound after modifying it.

·
Registered
2018 Street Triple 765 R
121 Posts

You asked about how hard it was to remove - not how hard was it to disable it - those are two different things
Your reply was kind of callous , really, after someone was trying to answer your question posed.

It might have been nicer to say "thanks for your reply and the link to the video answering my question"

Be kinder

21 - 27 of 27 Posts