Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Looks good, I love the straight headers. Where did you get teh chrome instrument cups?

English Spanner, the '07s are starting to roll in, Howard at Champion Cycle in Bellingham has already got and sold a few...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spanner, It's a 2007 model. The dealer down here has been getting them in left and right and out the door almost as soon as they arrive.
The clearance is o.k. yesterday I scraped a peg didn't touch the pipes. I love the sound they a make as do the Harley guy's taht complimented the bike at a light yesterday.
The aluminum instrument cups and the billet oil coolers came from Bonneville Performance. A lot of coool stuff on that sight. The owner's a nice guy. He finances his own Triumph flat track racing team. He knows how to make Bonnies go fast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Copper according to Bill Gately who made them, they work better than stock. You also lose about 8 lbs. I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, I just drained my oil to install them and then replaced the same oil. The level in the inspection window looks the same to me.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Looks sharp. Real sharp. So what's next? Say at 100 mi? :-D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I've noticed alot so far is a mushy front end so I think the next step is fork springs. Of course that will probably mean shocks as well. It is a disease damnit. I can easily see nickel and diming myself into purchasing accsessories that will eventually cost more than the bike itself. It's crazy I know but so far I'm having fun and enjoying the compliments that seem to be comming from folks from all walks of life regarding the beautiful restoration job on that old Bonneville.

Eventually, I'd love to be able to pull the front wheel off the street but that's another 3 to 4 grand down the road.

Some guys at the local shop are going all out with 904 big bore kits and stage 3 carbs etc. I'll see how that turns out.

If I had their money I'd be burning mine!

:-D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Cool looking old Trumpet. What is it? 75?76? I had one just exactly like it back in the day. Except mine was a 4 cylinder. Dang thang nearly kilt me.
I have heard all that. You will too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts