Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is a 73T100R
I tore it down to replace the seal behind the sprocket behind the clutch. (two weeks ago) I put the new seal in and started to rebuild it with the exploded clutch picture from the parts manual in hand. I am pretty mechanical and enjoy turning wrenches, but for some reason I am missing somthing here. I put the hub on then the rollers then the thrust washer goes on against the hub. Then place the clutch housing over the rollers and so on in the order of the picture. I get it together start kincking it over to align the pressure plate and the clutch will slip and the rollers fall out. Is the shock absorber body nut pushed in far enough I tighten the nut with an impact?? I am really pretty confused what I am doing wrong here. Thanks
(fixed the leak tho)

·
Registered
601 Posts
It is a 73T100R
I tore it down to replace the seal behind the sprocket behind the clutch. (two weeks ago) I put the new seal in and started to rebuild it with the exploded clutch picture from the parts manual in hand. I am pretty mechanical and enjoy turning wrenches, but for some reason I am missing somthing here. I put the hub on then the rollers then the thrust washer goes on against the hub. Then place the clutch housing over the rollers and so on in the order of the picture. I get it together start kincking it over to align the pressure plate and the clutch will slip and the rollers fall out. Is the shock absorber body nut pushed in far enough I tighten the nut with an impact?? I am really pretty confused what I am doing wrong here. Thanks
(fixed the leak tho)

CNY Mike,

Ah yes, a dab of grease on each of the rollers will tack them in
place so you can work the hub back together.

Pookybear

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there something that keeps the shock absorber from working itself lose? I think that is what is happening and the bearings fall out.I putt all the clutch plates and the pressure plate back on and I kick it over 2-3 times and the clutch slips and the bearings fall out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts