Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you happen to know the correct numbers written on the carb or will any 30 mm suffice ? I want to order a new premier from the uk and there are several 30mm options. Also, it seems like a 3.0 slide is recommended ?

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Do you happen to know the correct numbers written on the carb or will any 30 mm suffice ? I want to order a new premier from the uk and there are several 30mm options. Also, it seems like a 3.0 slide is recommended ?
Lowbrow has them in Ohio with the right jetting and the Bonneville Shop too
I just bought one
You will probably need to adjust your float level when you get it
All the new ones I have bought needed adjustment
The description from the shipper reads:
930 MK1 Premier Concentric Aluminum 30mm Carburetor for Triumph TR6 & TR7 Tiger

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Hi,
want to order a new premier
several 30mm options
Given by definition there is a maker, why wouldn't you ask them; why would a bunch of opinionated old farts on an internet forum know better? :cool:

Going by half-century-old manuals is unwise; ime, carb. specs were often changed part-way through a model year, dealers would've been updated at the time with typed correction sheets, which long ago either contributed to the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere or rotted away in landfill. Otoh, Amal still has any updated specs. plus they have the experience to advise for the changes in 'fuel' in the last half-century ...

Hth.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Riding my 72 Tiger 600 miles with the new Premier, the 3 1/2 slide seems fine, but who knows? The 3 may be better (a little leaner from 1/4-1/2 throttle) but I'm going to give it some more miles before I do any experimenting
I'm using 89 octane non-ethanol and throttle response is healthy in my opinion

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
If the 3 1/2 is not giving hesitation from idle, then there's no point in going to 3, as TT says, 3 is richer.
No hesitation whatsoever and I stand corrected! Thanks, Mick and TT
Judging by my plug color I'm a little rich if anything
Leaned out idle mixture a tad 200 miles ago but haven't looked at plugs yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts