Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short of fitting some rearsets, is there much that can be done about the position of the kickstart lever on my T100? I have it in about the 10 o'clock position - tried one spline forward and one back and it's always in the way of my right foot on the peg, hitting my ankle and interfering with working the gearshift. (Ten o'clock is what I see in photos of Daytonas) I have almost an inch of clearance between the lever and the right side muffler on the downstroke and am about to attempt bending it in a bit, but maybe a different year or model part would help?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
What I did was cut the shaft, turn the boss around so the bolt head faces the rear and doesn't hit the gear lever, weld the shaft back on and then nickel plate it (with a bit of gold highlight) and fit it in a more clockwise position on the splines.... easy when you say it fast :)
It's well out of the way of my leg now.
Probably a market for them....don't know why they weren't made that way in the first place.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a cool T100 - obviously you've done more that fix the annoying kickstart. Are there more photos of your bike here?
Think I'll try heating and bending this lever - it looks like straightening the middle bend and then straightening the spline end bend to get the alignment right will work. Really, this could just be a straight shaft with offsetting bends at each end - more like what the 650s have...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to our local classic show/swap this weekend and found out that the kickstart lever from the T100C is something close to the bend I was thinking of, and it moves the foot end inboard about a half inch. (T100C high pipes are on the left side). I guess the T100R lever has the shape it does to clear those chubby stock mufflers - I've got some tapered Dunstall type silencers fitted which the T100C lever clears by 3/16".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts