1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Love it I'll take one. :-D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Count me in! I would sell a kidney to get one of those.

I'm not kidding.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again " There is nothing that sounds as good as a Triumph Triple."

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
except perhaps TWO triples,

one I've posted before, but since we're on the subject of 120' triples, this is **** Grant on the ex works production triple 'Slippery Sam' followed by Ago on an MV triple:

TT parade lap, Slippery Sam/MV3

another pair of triples, but both in the same frame, listen to this chap going over the mountain on his cbx:

straight six over the mountain

ps. Nige, just found out after I'd posted the TT link, that Gwen Crellin died on Saturday: Gwen Crellin

For those of you not familiar with TT/Isle of Man, Gwen is the woman in white who Ago stops to chat with in the video. She was a marshal on the TT course outside her house at Ballaugh for many years, she always gave the riders a cup of tea and a cake if they broke down there. So long Gwen :(

[ This message was edited by: johnyC on 2006-12-11 05:57 ]

·
Registered
21 Posts
The sound coming from the exhaust on the drive-by is hair
raising. I was much younger and thinner in that bikes
heyday. Would be cool if Triumph could do a retro model,sort
of like Ducati did with their sports classics.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yes, I had heard, Johny.

A shame and certainly the end of a long era! :(

Retro?

Well I am working in that ethos....

Take a flip through my gallery. :wink:

Nige. :cool:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nige,

I knew it was your old Gilera I saw at Laxay, from the leather tank pad. I was speaking to the new owner at last year's mgp, he says his mates can't stay with him now through Appledene. I don't know what to do about the Island for next year, I'd booked the boat for the pre-TT and practice week but have a new rota at work that has totally bollocksed it. I can't get over with my bike atall now :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts