Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Triumph Bonneville Street Twin
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...in less than 2 weeks.
Rode up Mt. Charleston today.
When the odometer "turned" 600 miles, the wrench displayed on top right corner of LED display.
Interesting that it displayed 100 miles past recommended first oil change interval.
No issue with it remaining there. If reset, it would be out of synch with my schedule of more changes than recommended.
Oil and filter already changed.

Glad to see wild horses on upper Lee Canyon Meadows.

Dart Marlin flyscreen and Givi tailrack arrived Friday.
Both were simple installations.

I had a Dart Marlin on my 2016 Moto Guzzi V7II and 2014 (uncrated 2017) Honda CB1100.
This one is beneficial, but does not seem to take as much wind off my chest.

Lisle 61600 oil filter wrench arrived at Home Depot, today.
Fits stock Triumph filter well and Mobil M1-108a.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now fully ready for longer rides.
Next week is 2 day trip to Kolob Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Duck Creek, Zion National Park.
Done it in one day on previous bikes, but 2 days allows riding before the hottest part of the days.
Vrod friend taking Honda Africa Twin on this trip.

Death Valley will likely wait until September.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
nice country for riding!! the MRA speed screen is great to keep air off chest + look over it as i prefer. universal fit + somewhat adjustable as i took it off my 2012 mag wheeler + put it on my 2018 T120. comes with spacers on the clamps if needed but my street scram required optional ones for the fatter bars near the gauge where it mounts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, rodhotter, but the difference may only be my memory, at age 74!
High forecast for Death Valley tomorrow is only 98F, so that is tomorrow's ride.
Actually going to be a tad cool going over Mountain Springs to Pahrump.
Breakfast at the Crowbar in Shoshone and lunch at Death Valley Nut & Candy (home made ice cream!) in Beatty.

Hopefully a photo op at Badwater Basin, 282 feet below sea level.
Looking at height and angle of previous Dart Marlin, they seem the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts