Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This may take a long answer. I'm looking at '70 T100R basket. What parts do the T100 and T120 share? Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
nutt, your question might need some fine tuning...

Why do you want to know? Why are you interested in this particular basket?

If you are serious you should study up before spending any money. There are several restoration guides available, and the money spent on a good one will be well spent.

·
Super Moderator
12,858 Posts
SOME models can/do share:

Wheels
Fork parts
Brake parts
Seats
Oil tanks
Sidecovers
Lights
Throttle, front brake and clutch levers & cables
Instruments
Fenders
Air cleaners
Shocks
Handlebars
Points cover
Rocker inspection caps
Primary & tranny inspection caps
Points, coils, condensers
Alternators
Rectifiers
Zener Diodes
Yokes
Axles
Tires & tubes
Horns
Switches
Batteries
Mufflers

Again these CAN be shared, sometimes requiring re-drilling and messing with to fit.

Easier to say what CAN'T be shared:

Tanks
Engine parts (except as stated above)
Frames & swingarms

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! I should have given the full reason for my answer in the first place. I have a good supply of T120 parts on hand. The T100 I'm looking at is a rolling chassis (frame, swingarm, frontend, and wheels only). The engine is in a box. I've been through the box and it's all there. I thought the tank would be smaller than a Bonnie. The guy that has the T100 also had a "69 TR6 tank that we sat on the T100. Obviously, no go.

I guess I what I was curious about were fenders, pegs, bars, instruments and brackets, etc...Pretty much the exact list that GrandPaulZ has just given me. I considered a stock restoration but I have decided to go cafe racer.

I pick the bike/box up this weekend. I'll post pics of the progress as I go. Thanks again for the info.

-Brian

·
Super Moderator
12,858 Posts
It's amazing what you can make work on a custom. It really frees things up to creativity. I keep saying I'm going to do one, one of these days; my '79 special "RetroRocket" cafe is as close as I have gotten, just drag bars and quarter fairing.

·
Registered
625 Posts
oil tank, side cover, passenger pegs, seat, bars ... all the same. You can use T120 instruments, but you'll need to use the correct sender for the speedo ... T100 speedo uses a 2:1 and T120 uses a 1.25:1. Headlight is usable, although a T100C is supposed to use the small one ... I think they look funny anyway. Gas tank will not swap, neither will the rider pegs. Not that it matters since you're getting a complete rolling chassis, but the front ends will swap. However, the T100 used the 7" TLS brake and the T120 used the 8". It's really surprising how much interchanges between the two. Triumph really had gotten their stuff together by that point. What a shame BSA flushed them down the proverbial toilet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
t100 vs t120 cams

Ive heard that the cams can be swapped too, and that t100s go better with them in.
Anyone know what the valve timing/lift is compared to the t100?
Anyone tried this?

Dazza
1967 t100t
stretched, lowered, reversed

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts