Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay... i went to the hardware store to pick up a couple things and couldn't resist picking up some vinyl number decals.

here are some pictures... cheesy or cool? i can't decide.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just MHO, but I think the tank and front fender are alittle cheesy. But the seat cowl looks cool. The front fender I am borderline about. But hey your bike and your taste, thats what matters most. So good job.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have the same bike, less the arrow (TORS here) and Ohlins. Sorry but not really feeling the stickers anywhere. I think I prefer the racing numbers that replace the side panels.

·
Registered
384 Posts
kota,

FWIW, on the Thrux, "less should be more". If not racing, too poseur-like. If racing, the #'s should be functional. The only one who would see the ones on the tank would be you, and only if you sit up straight. The front fender - again, not functional, and would only be seen when you are stopped/parked. The cowl, however, really looks good!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gone

yup, i agree. after staring at it for few minutes, i promptly removed the tank and front fender decals. i don't know what the F*** i was thinking! :D

keeping the cowl decals, cool mod for mere $1!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
If it was me I might make a white background for the number on the seat cowl.

Like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it was me I might make a white background for the number on the seat cowl.

Like this?
Nice! They had RED decals too, may be I will do that with red numbers.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Yes on the cowl,no, everywhere else. Also,can you stick them parallel to the bottom edge of the cowl,and put them closer together?

·
Registered
284 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts