Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the advice from this forum I bought a 2005 model T100 in perfect condition. The previous owner had made a few of the usual changes and I have too but otherwise it's pretty much standard.

I've been looking at changing the seat though - the standard one is a little too hard for my bum and I saw a new one on ebay that reminded me of the Norman Hyde stepped seat I used to have on my old T140.

It's described as a genuine Triumph 68 seat for a Thruxton, (part number T2300603) but I was wondering if anyone out there has one fitted to a non-Thruxton and if it was any good, in terms of looks, comfort and its ability to carry a passenger?

I've looked in the picture archives for a side-on view of one but no luck so far...

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance
Rudi
Cairns, Australia

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks the bees knees - thanks mate!

Can anyone say if the seats are any good? The one on ebay costs $230 (US) so I'll buy it unless anyone says otherwise?

Thanks again
Rudi

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Very uncomfortable seat. I just sold one because the stock seat is much more comfortable. SOld it for 250 with the cowling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Mate, is your bike a Bonnie like mine or a Thruxton?
Was it the design of the seat you didn't like or was it too hard?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I have the same seat for 2 up riding and its dang hard. It is starting to break in and feels better but it has been a year and I just can't have it on for long jaunts. I use the Scrambler solo seat with rack removed and Thruxton cowl on.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
bonneville black, The seat is about 1 inch taller then the stock seat which bent me over more and put the pressure on the man parts making them go to sleep. THe seat also hurt like nothing i ever had hurt before with any seat i have ever had. It caused me hemroids to act up combine with the man parts turning blue. OUCH. I sold that thing and never look back. The man parts have recovered since. THe seat is strange cause it slops up in the front which really but a hurtin on the rather large man parts i've been blessed with. IF you have a small package maybe it would work, don't know.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Road DOg

I notice that seat slops up in the front, that would hurt me for sure. Maybe if you have a smaller package that works for you.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Must admit, the stock seat on my Thruxton isn't the most comfy seat i've sat upon, bike wise.
I've just done a week at the TT and i've had to keep moving my backside around or standing up for a bit, just to get the circulation back into my botty parts.

Not sure if it will eventually bed-in or if it's gonna stay like it is forever!!
Small jaunts aren't too bad, anything over 50 miles and it starts to get a bit uncomfy.

G ; )

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Road DOg

I notice that seat slops up in the front, that would hurt me for sure. Maybe if you have a smaller package that works for you.
Yea... it works great... that was my point. You're not locked into one seating position on the solo seat (like you are on the contemporary seat). When you get tired of one position you can move a little forward or back... makes a big difference on a long ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok well thanks everyone. The consensus then is don't buy.

A pity as, to me. the seat looked pretty good. I need a double seat for my pillion and can't go down the solo seat path - so is there another after-market seat out there that's the weapon of choice for you guys?

Cheers
Rudi

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
The Corbin Gunfighter + Lady I feel is a nice choice. Here it's not very softly padded, but I found mine much more comfortable than stock. You find them here or ebay used at reasonable (200-250us) prices.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I found the Thruxton Gel Seat worked much better than the stock seat on my 05 T100.

But the stock seat on my 08 T100 is much more comfortable than the 05 was.

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
What Road Dog says, for me too. The 68 solo seat is my daily rider.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.