Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
To each his own .... but for me, engines should be metallic ... chrome, polished aluminium, etc. It'll be a long while before I can appreciate an engine component color-matched to the fuel tank, fender, etc.

Bob

................. unless it's a MotoGuzzi V11 with red paint, red frame, and red valve covers!

[ This message was edited by: ohiorider on 2006-09-06 06:44 ]

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
I'm with you, Sham.

Bob

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If you like them take your own cam covers off and spray them with VHT red rattlecan paint.If it doesn t look any good by some silver and do them again,got to be cheaper and easier the buying new cam covers.

:)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Rays,

There is a Thruxton at my dealer with red cam covers, I'm still trying to make up my mind on them. The only thing I know for sure is I wouldn't put them on my bike.

How about using photoshop or some other software to make a picture that you could look at.

Like I said they wouldn't go on my bike. But then my kids tell me that I'm a dinosaur.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I seriously considered the same color scheme myself but ultimately decided against it in favor of the chrome cam cover. It's not so much the colors as it is the way the reds are presented together that bothers me. I think the colored cam covers look best on the all black machines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts